December 18, 2013
- The UCC has a long history of affirming the dignity of immigrants and working for comprehensive U.S. immigration policy, and advocates approached the issue with more urgency, optimism and collaboration in 2013.
- What bonds a United Church of Christ congregation that started in the kitchen of a rural Iowa farm house to a Massachusetts Congregational church that meets in the conference room of a seasonal community marketplace? The pastors will tell you it’s love of God, and a newsletter article.
December 17, 2013
- The Rev. Lillian Daniel's most recent book has been named one of the year's top 10 books on religion and spirituality by Booklist magazine.
December 15, 2013
- Oscar Lopez Rivera's 32 years in prison are inhumane. Our appeal to President Obama is to release him with a small stroke of his pen so we can join the whole world who has taken notice of him as well.
December 13, 2013
- Despite the controversy that surfaced when the nativity scene was moved from a public park to the lawn of the open and affirming St. John United Church of Christ, the event was an unexpected success that drew encouragement from near and far.
December 12, 2013
- During the season of Advent, television commercials usually advertise Coke, new cars, and the latest gift ideas and where to buy them. You don't often see advertisements for church, though, so the Cathedral of Hope in Dallas, Texas, is changing that this Christmas season.
December 11, 2013
- Timothy Harris, a self-described man of faith with more than two decades in the insurance industry has been called to lead the United Church of Christ Insurance Board.
- A prayer from the United Church of Christ general minister and president for this Christmas season and all seasons.
December 10, 2013
- The Rev. Diane Ford Dessables, an ordained United Church of Christ minister and senior associate for national church relations for Bread for the World, was one ripple in the ecumenical "wave of prayer" to end hunger that made its way around the world.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Rev. Steve Burt, a retired United Church of Christ pastor in The Villages, Fla., 3,160 underprivileged children will receive an autographed book of their very own this holiday season.