November 8, 2013
- A diverse group of 30 people from across the life of the United Church of Christ came together at the denomination's headquarters in Cleveland to set the foundation for Extravagance UCC, a web-based congregation without geographic boundaries.
November 4, 2013
- A diverse group of people from across the life of the United Church of Christ is gathering at the denomination’s national headquarters this week, bringing expertise and ideas, dreams and prayers to help lay the foundation for Extravagance UCC, a new online spiritual community
October 25, 2013
- UCC President and General Minister the Rev. Geoffrey Black extended an extravagant welcome to jazz enthusiasts from across the country who came to Cleveland for Jazz for the Journey, a national symposium on jazz music in worship. Sixty-two people gathered at the UCC’s headquarters Thursday evening, Oct. 24, to kick off the three-day event.
October 18, 2013
- The Rev. Ivy Beckwith is joining the UCC's Local Church Ministries, headquartered in Cleveland, on Dec. 1.
October 15, 2013
- The national officers of the United Church of Christ began the process by which they will address a $2.3 million budget deficit in 2014 facing the denomination’s headquarters in Cleveland.
October 14, 2013
- It’s a journey in uncharted waters for the United Church of Christ’s new board of directors, which just wrapped up its first business session together at the denomination’s national headquarters in Cleveland.
October 12, 2013
- United Church of Christ Board members learned about the work of the various ministries of the church, approved the number of delegates for General Synod 2015 in Cleveland, and approved a policy encouraging UCC-related organizations to obtain tax-exempt status.
October 9, 2013
- UCC General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black invited the presidents of the six UCC-related historically Black colleges and universities to the Church House for a two-day meeting aimed at deepening the relationship between the schools and the denomination.
October 7, 2013
- With the goal of moving the church forward together, and the intention to be more transparent as an organization, the new United Church of Christ Board of Directors gathers for its first full meeting this week, Oct. 9-12, at UCC headquarters in Cleveland.
- The Rev. Malcolm Himschoot, who works on the national staff of the United Church of Christ in Cleveland, will be honored by the city for his LGBT advocacy and support of the LGBT community.