December 4, 2013
- The Rev. Linda Jaramillo will travel to Washington, D.C., Dec. 5 to stand in solidarity with immigration activists who have been gathered in a tent on the National Mall since Nov. 12 to Fast for Families.
December 3, 2013
- The Christmas Fund for the Veterans of the Cross and the Emergency Fund is one of the UCC's four special mission offerings that provides assistance to retired and active clergy facing overwhelming financial demands.
- The destruction of Lazarus UCC in Maryland raised questions about how the congregation will rebuild its house of worship, and what it will do during the Christmas season.
December 2, 2013
- Old South Church in Boston United Church of Christ will receive more than $13 million after its copy of the Bay Psalm Book, the first book printed in America, sold for the highest price ever recorded for a print book in an open sale.
November 29, 2013
- Longmont UCC volunteers are still going strong, with no intentions of stopping until the recovery is complete.
November 28, 2013
- While most Americans are spending the week of Thanksgiving gathered in celebration with family and friends, the Rev. Steven Korn has been making new friends, assisting families in the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. The UCC pastor left Ohio last week as part of a 10-day mission trip to a small island community of Panay.
- In the multi-cultural global family of Christian people he met during 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches in Busan, South Korea, Louis Blue Coat found ecumenical conversations, workshops, worship and plenary sessions on climate change, indigenous people, ecological justice and government/tribal relations provided resources for his work with the Cheyenne River Reservation in South Dakota and the Council for American Indian Ministries (CAIM) of the United Church of Christ.
November 27, 2013
- As the chaos of the holiday shopping season ensues, UCC members urge consumers to look beyond big-box stores and really think about how their money is being spent.
November 26, 2013
- For the first time in more than a century, Thanksgiving and the first full day of Hanukkah fall the same day, Nov. 28. In celebration, a United Church of Christ congregation in Massachusetts is inviting its Christian and Jewish neighbors for an interfaith service to lift up the rare occasion.
November 25, 2013
- At Thanksgiving, St. Stephen United Church of Christ in New Holland, Pa. is the little congregation that could. This church of less than 100 attendees will feed four times that many people in two hours on Thursday, Nov. 28, with free food and a side of fellowship.