April 17, 2013
- While the legislation is not ideal and will likely prompt further debate in the coming months, United Church of Christ immigration advocates say it is a positive step toward fixing the country's broken immigration system and creating a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
- As federal investigators work to bring the bombers who chose to attack spectators at the Boston Marathon to justice, the United Church of Christ General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey Black offers this prayer – A Prayer for the people of Boston and the People of the World – as the world tries to cope with the injuries and deaths suffered by innocent people cheering on runners at the finish line.
April 16, 2013
- Many UCC congregations are using the concept of an indoor tree blooming as a visual representation of the time and effort their members are putting into the Mission 4/1 Earth campaign.
- The UCC Massachusetts Conference Minister and the historic Old South Church offer prayers for Boston as federal investigators work to answer the questions of who chose to attack at the Boston Marathon and why.
- Three media justice advocates will be recognized on Oct. 1 at the 31st Annual Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture and Awards Ceremony in Washington, D.C. The Parker Lecture is held each year by the United Church of Christ’s Office of Communication, Inc. (OC, Inc.) to recognize individuals making a difference in ethical broadcasting. One of the honorees, Hilary O. Shelton of the NAACP Washington Bureau and member of People's UCC in Washington, D.C., will present this year's...
April 15, 2013
- First one, then two explosions erupted near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon as runners approached the end of the 26-mile race.
- What began as the annual stream cleanup day in St. Peters, Mo., resulted in a surprising discovery and a very visual environmental lesson for a group from Grace United Church of Christ.
April 12, 2013
- The Rev. Bob Molsberry and his wife, Ann, think that as grandparents they should be part of their families’ lives, not occasional visitors just two to three times each year. That’s the primary reason why Molsberry tendered his resignation as minister of the Ohio Conference of the United Church of Christ, effective April 30.
- Old South Church in Boston United Church of Christ, one of the most historically significant churches in the United States, is moving forward with its vision to transform its antique Bay Psalm Book into 21st-century ministries.
- The UCC Minister for Racial Justice the Rev. Elizabeth Leung will join leaders of Christian denominations from across the United States in Birmingham, Ala., on April 14-15 to mark the 50th anniversary of MLK's “Letter from Birmingham Jail”.