October 14, 2013
- With the support of UCCs throughout the country, Mary Southerland kayaked down the Ohio River to support the work of Purple Star Veterans & Families and raise awareness about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
October 12, 2013
- United Church of Christ Board members learned about the work of the various ministries of the church, approved the number of delegates for General Synod 2015 in Cleveland, and approved a policy encouraging UCC-related organizations to obtain tax-exempt status.
October 11, 2013
- One of the first difficult challenges the United Church of Christ Board and the four national officers of the church are working together to overcome is a budget shortfall for 2014 of more than $2 million.
- More than 50 individuals from across the country are ready to spread peace through interfaith relationships after spending two days in California at a United Church of Christ event titled Peace Village.
October 10, 2013
- The former director of the United Church of Christ’s advocacy office in Washington, D.C., will return to Capitol Hill to lead religious organizations around the country joined in ending acts of torture.
October 9, 2013
- After sitting empty for a number of years, a newly-refurbished home next door to St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Fleetwood, Pa., is now a resource that helps struggling families get back on their feet.
- UCC General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black invited the presidents of the six UCC-related historically Black colleges and universities to the Church House for a two-day meeting aimed at deepening the relationship between the schools and the denomination.
October 8, 2013
- United Church of Christ immigration advocates stand with more than 250 faith leaders gathered in Washington, D.C., today as part of the Church World Service Summit on Immigration Reform, urging Congress to refocus the conversation on reform and act on comprehensive legislation now.
October 7, 2013
- With the goal of moving the church forward together, and the intention to be more transparent as an organization, the new United Church of Christ Board of Directors gathers for its first full meeting this week, Oct. 9-12, at UCC headquarters in Cleveland.
- The Rev. Malcolm Himschoot, who works on the national staff of the United Church of Christ in Cleveland, will be honored by the city for his LGBT advocacy and support of the LGBT community.