September 29, 2013
- As the showdown over the federal budget continues, we are reminded that a possible government shutdown will affect millions of people.Participate in the democratic process – urge our elected leaders to put people first!
September 27, 2013
- Leader of the United Church of Christ expressed their excitement of the news that New Jersey has become the 14th state in the nation to allow marriage equality, albeit rather unexpectedly on Friday afternoon.
September 26, 2013
- The United Church of Christ General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black has announced a change in the administrative leadership of the mainline Protestant denomination headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, naming Lee Foley to replace W. Mark Clark.
- The Rev. Phil Hoy and his wife, Sandra, are busy preparing for the 22nd annual Peace with Justice Weekend at Zion United Church of Christ in Henderson, Ky.
- It has become a fun, educational and symbolic tradition for the Council for Youth and Young Adult Ministries to begin its biennium in Cleveland, Ohio, at the United Church of Christ national headquarters. When CYYAM leaders gather from Sept. 27-29, they do so ready to chart a future for advocacy during the next two years that will take their justice work to the corners of the world.
September 25, 2013
- As the president of Kenya declared three days of mourning, leaders of the United Church of Christ have joined the international community and ecumenical and interfaith partners in prayer for the African nation.
- Many voices are speaking out for the NALT (Not All Like That) Christians Project, an initiative that lets the LGBT community know that there are many Christians who support them, and that there is nothing sinful about being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender.
September 24, 2013
- The Rev. Randy Mayer is among 40 clergy, government and business leaders, and law enforcement officials from Arizona, Texas, California and New Mexico who were invited to Washington, D.C., for the Southwest Border Economic Forum Sept. 25-26.
September 23, 2013
- As the national officers of the United Church of Christ mourn the victims of one of the deadliest attacks on Pakistan’s Christian community, they are calling for prayers for the dead, the injured, their affected families and the community.
September 20, 2013
- The rain may have stopped, but several communities in Colorado now face the task of recovering from the last week's devastating floods triggered by a week of historically heavy rains that ravaged a 130-mile stretch of the eastern slopes of the Colorado Rockies.