June 18, 2013
- The number of Samoan congregations of the United Church of Christ is growing, and advocates think there is no better time than the present for the group to stand on its own two feet.
- Two women in the United Church of Christ are being recognized, and celebrated for their work for peace and justice in Colombia.
June 17, 2013
- The UCC is encouraging members to continue being intentional in earth care, even though the reporting phase of Mission 4/1 Earth will end on June 30.
- United Church of Christ activists of voter rights and racial justice were encouraged by a Supreme Court decision on Monday, June 17, that strikes down part of an Arizona law which unfairly affected legal immigrants and communities of color with an additional step in voter registration.
- If you are planning to join the United Church of Christ in sunny Southern California next week, and have yet to register, the clock is ticking. Registration for General Synod 2013, which runs from June 28 through July 2 in Long Beach, will close at midnight on Wednesday, June 19.
June 14, 2013
- The United Church of Christ has hired Heather Kimmel to serve as associate general counsel of the UCC beginning Aug. 1.
- United Church of Christ immigration advocates are urging members to call their senators to protest immigration bill amendments that would delay or narrow the pathway to citizenship for the country's 11 million undocumented immigrants.
- A United Church of Christ church building and an associated camp have so far been spared from the destruction of a Colorado wildfire that has been burning for three days.
June 13, 2013
- This week, two executives from the United Church of Christ will meet with President Jimmy Carter to show their appreciation for his work in bridging a way for church mission work in China.
June 12, 2013
- Through a General Synod 2013 resolution, the Maine Conference is hoping UCC congregations will become aware of the plight of the Hondurans and stand in solidarity as advocates for peace and justice for them.