December 11, 2013
- Timothy Harris, a self-described man of faith with more than two decades in the insurance industry has been called to lead the United Church of Christ Insurance Board.
- A prayer from the United Church of Christ general minister and president for this Christmas season and all seasons.
December 10, 2013
- The Rev. Diane Ford Dessables, an ordained United Church of Christ minister and senior associate for national church relations for Bread for the World, was one ripple in the ecumenical "wave of prayer" to end hunger that made its way around the world.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Rev. Steve Burt, a retired United Church of Christ pastor in The Villages, Fla., 3,160 underprivileged children will receive an autographed book of their very own this holiday season.
December 9, 2013
- It was a Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. A normal December morning, until gunshots rang out, causing chaos and panic. By day's end 26 innocent people, most young children, had lost their lives.
December 6, 2013
- On Dec. 5, the Rev. Linda Jaramillo flew to Washington, D.C., to join the Fast for Families, where she fasted for 24 hours in solidarity with the core fasters, who had gone 22 days with no food, just water, spending their days in a tent in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol.
- Donations came in rapidly and in large numbers to assist people in the Philippines put their lives back together after Typhoon Haiyan. Those generous gifts from a multitude of contributors enabled the United Church of Christ and the Disaster Ministries team to raise more than a quarter million dollars in just weeks. With gratitude, the UCC announced it surpassed its $250,000 goal on Friday, Dec. 6, with $250,641 to date.
- During the season of giving, one United Church of Christ congregation is providing a family a place to live after their home was damaged in November's tornados. St. Paul’s UCC in Nashville, Ill. has an unused parsonage, and decided to put it use to help put a roof over their heads.
- A man who shed bitterness and anger to instill reconciliation for an entire country. An icon for change and equality. A leader who persevered in a decades-long quest for justice. Those are just a few ways justice leaders, past and present, from the United Church of Christ are evoking the lasting legacy Nelson Mandela.
December 5, 2013
- UCC congregations from New York to California have taken action to do what they can to help their brothers and sisters suffering on the other side of the world.