May 2, 2013
- The ecumenical work of one small United Church of Christ congregation in Texas has been very evident for almost three weeks. First United Church UCC of West, Texas, the tiny town rocked by a deadly explosion at a fertilizer plant, opened its doors to welcome members of a neighboring church.
- Grace Bunker, of Casas Adobes Congregational UCC, has joined other immigration advocates to raise awareness, debunk the stereotypes, and generate support for the area's immigrants who need it most.
- By keeping it simple and letting the children express themselves through hands-on activities, little stewards can take home a big lesson.
- Responding to the brutal murder of a young transgender woman in the Cleveland area, leaders and members of the United Church of Christ joined dozens of people Wednesday afternoon in a show of support outside Cleveland City Hall.
- More than 600 people from multiple faiths returned to their communities this week, charged and ready to bring about change for the environment. The group came together in Boston from all over New England for "Climate Revival,” joined by a common cause -- the church, and people of faith must lead the mission to save the earth.
- In selecting service projects and immersion experiences during the United Church of Christ’s General Synod 2013 in Long Beach, Calif., participants can live out a culture of justice work and civic engagement that changes lives. Among the activities that have been planned are a blood drive, a trip to the United States-Mexico border, and visits to a local food bank, federal prison and beach.
May 1, 2013
- The topic of immigration is front and center in Washington, D.C., and throughout the United States, and United Church of Christ congregations are taking this opportunity to make their voices heard with unprecedented vigor.
April 30, 2013
- Trinity UCC in Chicago has already racked up 4,507 hours of earth care for Mission 4/1 Earth.
- A Fairbault, Minn. pastor is welcoming a tour group to her UCC congregation to make the audience aware of some the state’s 515 laws that deny same-sex couples the same rights and freedoms as heterosexual couples.
April 29, 2013
- With the help of generous donors near and far, members of Valley of the Flowers United Church of Christ fulfilled their vision of addressing the unemployment epidemic in Lompoc, Calif., in an earth friendly way.