November 8, 2013
- As the most powerful storm ever to make landfall battered the Philippines early Friday morning, United Church of Christ Disaster Ministries immediately reached out to partners in the country to offer assistance.
November 7, 2013
- Having spent more than a week at the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly in South Korea, the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black is discovering how the ecumenical movement is source, a point of connection where the United Church of Christ as a denomination can relate spiritually and theologically with churches around the world.
- In the eyes of the Rev. Sarah Campbell, the United Church of Christ is a quintessential part of the World Council of Churches because of the denomination’s history and formation, and its movement for justice and peace.
November 6, 2013
- United Church of Christ Norwell in Norwell, Mass., is working to develop a ministry to reach out to young veterans and their families and provide them a safe place to overcome the unique challenges they face.
- Same-sex couples and their supporters across Illinois are rejoicing as their state is set to become the 15th to approve marriage equality for all.
November 5, 2013
- The denominational makeup of the United Church of Christ is like a microcosm of the ecumenical movement of the World Council of Churches. The UCC is the only United and Uniting Church in the United States, and though it’s been seven years since United and Uniting Churches from all over the world gathered together, at the WCC 10th Assembly the denominations from that tradition are expressing a desire to remain connected with each other for the future.
- Each seminary affiliated with the United Church of Christ has met a majority of the criteria to be deemed a sexually healthy and responsible seminary by The Religious Institute.
November 4, 2013
- One of the draws to the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly for United Church of Christ pastor the Rev. Kelli Parish Lucas was an opportunity to learn more about the global work around disability ministries and disabilities rights.
- The United Church of Christ has joined an amicus brief supporting the separation of church and state in the case of Town of Greece v. Galloway, now before the United States Supreme Court.
- A diverse group of people from across the life of the United Church of Christ is gathering at the denomination’s national headquarters this week, bringing expertise and ideas, dreams and prayers to help lay the foundation for Extravagance UCC, a new online spiritual community