November 4, 2013
- In an effort to find unity, not divisiveness at a global gathering of churches in South Korea, two delegates representing the United Church of Christ are joining a growing call for the World Council of Churches to be more open on human sexuality.
- A man with a pet rabbit at a Heifer International booth at Keystone United Church of Christ in Seattle, Wash., changed Eliza Penick's life and inspired a calling that Penick has been answering for more than 25 years.
November 1, 2013
- During the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly in Busan, South Korea, the council recruited young religious communicators to lend their voices and skills in sharing the story of the gathering to the global audience. That’s where the work of one United Church of Christ staffer, Jessie Palatucci, comes in during the two-week event.
October 31, 2013
- The issue of equality for all people was raised at the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly by a group of LGBT activists who are asking the gathering to be more inclusive.
- Of the four delegates representing the United Church of Christ at the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly in Busan, South Korea, Haley Knapp is the youngest. But her ambition is to have an impact on the world on a global level.
- The pastor behind the Moral Mondays movement in North Carolina will be the featured guest for a night of music, fellowship, and discussion at Andover Newton Theological School. The Rev.
October 30, 2013
- There was an unnerving moment for representatives of the United Church of Christ attending the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly in Busan, South Korea. A throng of conservative Korean church members that numbered several hundred people gathered in protest of the WCC gathering as delegates arrived on Tuesday, Oct. 29, and there was a bomb threat reported at Busan Exhibition and Convention Center.
- The UCC, partnered with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), is hosting an annual conference in an effort to explore best practices around stewardship Jan. 22 to 24, 2014.
- The World Council of Churches Tenth Assembly opens with worship in Busan, South Korea on Wed. Oct 30, which planted the seeds of peace. The United Church of Christ, represented by two dozen attendees at the assembly is joining and hundreds of other churches of diverse faith traditions from around the globe at this gathering.
October 29, 2013
- In the year since Hurricane Sandy hit the U.S. East Coast, people across the life of the United Church of Christ – from national offices, to conferences, congregations, and pastors – have come together as one church to care for those impacted by the storm.