April 24, 2013
- Living in one of the world's most unique ecosystems, members of Crossroads United Church of Christ in Honolulu are serious about earth care.
- To fulfill a mission to deepen relationships with international partners, Global Ministries – a joint ministry of the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church Disciples of Christ – will begin a “Congo Initiative” this summer.
April 23, 2013
- It's a simple equation that made a profound difference in a small corner of Indiana, devastated February 5, 2012 by deadly tornados. Thirty-seven volunteers from six Northeastern Iowa congregations, three days of recovery and rebuilding work that added up to 1,400 earth care hours, donated during a mission trip to Holton, Ind.
April 22, 2013
- Senior pastor the Rev. Jo Hudson of the Cathedral of Hope in Dallas, of one of the United Church of Christ’s largest congregations, will bid farewell after nearly a decade of ministry and a wide welcome to those who joined her in worship.
- One issue at a time, the Green Team at Elk River (Minn.) Union Congregational Church UCC wants its congregation members to ride home the wave of environmental momentum, and then make it easy for them to green their homes and communities with ready-made ideas and resources suitable for rookies and experts alike.
- United Church of Christ ministers joined more than 200 people who gathered Sunday near the Boston Marathon finish line in support of the victims of last week’s bombing and to reclaim the area as a safe space.
- Awestruck, honored and humbled -- just some of the words Brian Holeman and the Rev. Sue Artt used to describe their thoughts when they learned they have been unanimously recommended as the moderator and assistant moderator of the United Church of Christ’s General Synod 2015 in Cleveland.
April 21, 2013
- The United Church of Christ might have experienced a little divine intervention at work for one Earth in Cleveland as employees at the church house came together as one staff on Thursday.
April 19, 2013
- United Church of Christ LGBT advocates believe the new policy being considered by the Boy Scouts of America -- to allow membership of LGBT youth but continue to exclude gay leaders -- contradicts the organization’s efforts to become more inclusive.
- While every day can seem like Earth Day during Mission 4/1 Earth, some United Church of Christ congregations are hosting special events to celebrate this year.