April 22, 2013
- United Church of Christ ministers joined more than 200 people who gathered Sunday near the Boston Marathon finish line in support of the victims of last week’s bombing and to reclaim the area as a safe space.
- Awestruck, honored and humbled -- just some of the words Brian Holeman and the Rev. Sue Artt used to describe their thoughts when they learned they have been unanimously recommended as the moderator and assistant moderator of the United Church of Christ’s General Synod 2015 in Cleveland.
April 21, 2013
- The United Church of Christ might have experienced a little divine intervention at work for one Earth in Cleveland as employees at the church house came together as one staff on Thursday.
April 19, 2013
- United Church of Christ LGBT advocates believe the new policy being considered by the Boy Scouts of America -- to allow membership of LGBT youth but continue to exclude gay leaders -- contradicts the organization’s efforts to become more inclusive.
- While every day can seem like Earth Day during Mission 4/1 Earth, some United Church of Christ congregations are hosting special events to celebrate this year.
- From the New England cottontail rabbit to African elephants, UCC congregations reach out to endangered animal species.
April 18, 2013
- For the springtime gathering of the Leaders in Koinonia (LinK) event, organizers from the United Church of Christ brought together environmental leaders and ecumenical activists from around the globe to Cleveland April 16-18 to work together on Mission 4/1 Earth.
April 17, 2013
- United Church of Christ clergy, organizations and affiliated ecumenical groups have offered prayers of support for those affected by Monday's bombing in Boston.
- Officers from the United Church of Christ expressed disappointment on Wednesday evening by the U.S. Senate’s inability to vote in favor of bipartisan legislation that would have expanded background checks for gun sales. The proposed measure fell six votes short of the required 60 votes.
- In a state of rolling plains and dusty prairies, trees are unnatural components of the native landscape. So the congregation is encouraging alternatives to better suit their environmental needs.