October 21, 2013
- Midnight on Monday Oct. 21 brought marriage equality to New Jersey, and the Rev. Ann Ralosky, pastor of First Congregational Church United Church of Christ in Montclair N.J. was more than happy to usher it in.
October 18, 2013
- Well-known Christian author and theologian the Rev. Jim Wallis delivered the Brain Food Lecture Oct. 17 to kick off the series of events preceding the inauguration of Dillard University's next president.
- The Rev. Ivy Beckwith is joining the UCC's Local Church Ministries, headquartered in Cleveland, on Dec. 1.
- After a 15-day partial government shutdown, the government reopened for business on Oct. 17, but the current federal budget deal provides a short-term solution, and UCC advocates would prefer avoiding the ordeal again when it expires as early as January.
- Same-sex couples in North Carolina lined up by the dozens recently in Buncombe County after the registrar announced he would issue marriage certificates, despite the state's Amendment One that prohibits marriage equality.
October 17, 2013
- The UCC National Offices and congregations throughout the U.S. will "Go Purple" for Sprit Day on Oct. 17.
October 16, 2013
- The Central Pacific Conference of the United Church of Christ will be among more than 15 faith groups reviving the call for the abolition of the death penalty during an event Oct. 16 in Portland, Ore.
October 15, 2013
- As a national financial crisis looms on the horizon because of the federal government shutdown, the United Church of Christ's Sandy Sorensen was part of an interfaith effort that urged action on a clean budget bill on Capitol Hill.
- The national officers of the United Church of Christ began the process by which they will address a $2.3 million budget deficit in 2014 facing the denomination’s headquarters in Cleveland.
October 14, 2013
- It’s a journey in uncharted waters for the United Church of Christ’s new board of directors, which just wrapped up its first business session together at the denomination’s national headquarters in Cleveland.