April 29, 2013
- With the help of generous donors near and far, members of Valley of the Flowers United Church of Christ fulfilled their vision of addressing the unemployment epidemic in Lompoc, Calif., in an earth friendly way.
- Delegates to the United Church of Christ’s General Synod 2013 will be able to choose from more than 40 workshops with topics ranging from how to use multimedia effectively in worship to environmental ministries in the local church.
April 26, 2013
- United Church of Christ immigration advocates stood for the rights of immigrant families during an ecumenical vigil in Washington, D.C., Thursday.
- United Church of Christ General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black and the Rev. Jim Antal, general minister and president of the Massachusetts Conference of the UCC, join other leading clergy for a gathering on “Climate Revival” in Boston to address the moral imperative to take action on climate change.
- People walking down Boylston Street in Boston Thursday evening got a glimpse of life returning to the familiar as a congregation of the United Church of Christ hosted jazz worship service outdoors. Many joined in the first service held at Old South Church, located just beyond the finish line of the Boston Marathon, since it closed after the bombing on April 15.
- The United Church of Christ is stepping up efforts to ensure that there is a welcoming UCC community of faith, accessible to all, no matter where you live, no matter where you are on life’s journey.
- Instead of throwing them away, UCC groups are putting plastic shopping bags to good use as part of their Mission 4/1 Earth initiatives.
- The Rev. Noel Anderson, one of the founders of the UCC’s Collaborative on Immigration, offers his views on the newly introduced immigration reform bill and asks for continued UCC support.
April 25, 2013
- Hundreds of people were killed, thousands more injured, and millions have been affected by a 7.0-magnitude earthquake that struck the Sichuan Province in China on Monday, April 22. To assist partner organizations respond to the disaster, the United Church of Christ’s Disaster Ministries is asking for prayers and donations to support those affected in the region.
- Change has arrived in Rhode Island, and the Rev. Gene Dyszylewski is thrilled that faith leaders from the UCC came through when it counted. Rhode Island became the latest state to pass a law that allows marriage equality to all citizens, extending to LGBT couples the right to have their marriages legally recognized.