February 24, 2017
- On a local level, and through ecumenical groups like Mediterranean Hope, Methodists are helping Italy cope with an influx of people arriving by sea.
- United Methodists among those supporting bipartisan legislation to protect young people brought into U.S. illegally as children
February 21, 2017
- Adults rescued as children are now caring for orphaned and abandoned children at a United Methodist center in Sierra Leone.
February 20, 2017
- The United Methodist pension agency is planning for a low-carbon economy. For investors, the agency says, the move makes good financial sense.
February 16, 2017
- Trump’s executive order on immigration brings back memories for Japanese Americans, who this weekend mark the anniversary of a similar moment in history from the last century.
February 15, 2017
- Dallas’ St. Paul United Methodist, under the Rev. Richie Butler, seeks growth, influence even as it goes on National Register of Historic Places.
- Humberto Barralaga is one of more than 600 people arrested in federal immigration raids. He and others are seeing their families divided.
- Two United Methodist-related colleges say President Trump’s immigration orders hinder academic freedom.
February 14, 2017
- Katherine Johnson was one of three African-American women who had a key role in the early U.S. space program.
- Village attacks leave 15 people dead and more than 7,000 displaced, many of whom are United Methodists.