March 18, 2017
- Bishop Gabriel Yemba Unda has been re-elected United Methodist bishop and will continue to lead the East Congo Episcopal Area.
March 17, 2017
- Looking for equal participation, Ukrainian and Russian women expand a dialogue on peace to create a regional platform, with an assist from United Methodist Women.
- The Rev. Junius B. Dotson, top executive of Discipleship Ministries, suggests how the church can shift to conversation to reaching people for Jesus.
- African clergyman says the “way forward” for The United Methodist Church involves reconciliation.
- The Rev. Walter Fenton, an analyst for Good News, writes about what members of renewal and reform groups see as misunderstandings or mischaracterizations of their positions.
March 16, 2017
- One of two agencies that oversee accreditation for Saint Paul School of Theology notified the seminary on March 8 that it had been placed on probation.
- United Methodists are leaders in an alliance opposing drug-related extrajudicial killings in which more than 7,000 Filipinos have died.
March 15, 2017
- A decision by the United Methodist Judicial Council could affect the standing of Bishop Karen Oliveto, the denomination’s first openly gay bishop.
- The Rev. Harald Rückert was elected bishop of the Germany Central Conference.
- Bishop Patrick Streiff invokes John Wesley in address touching on various subjects.