March 17, 2017
- The Rev. Walter Fenton, an analyst for Good News, writes about what members of renewal and reform groups see as misunderstandings or mischaracterizations of their positions.
March 16, 2017
- One of two agencies that oversee accreditation for Saint Paul School of Theology notified the seminary on March 8 that it had been placed on probation.
- United Methodists are leaders in an alliance opposing drug-related extrajudicial killings in which more than 7,000 Filipinos have died.
March 15, 2017
- A decision by the United Methodist Judicial Council could affect the standing of Bishop Karen Oliveto, the denomination’s first openly gay bishop.
- The Rev. Harald Rückert was elected bishop of the Germany Central Conference.
- Bishop Patrick Streiff invokes John Wesley in address touching on various subjects.
- BMCR celebrates 50th anniversary even as members look forward to work that still needs to be done in fighting racism.
March 14, 2017
- Higher Education and Ministry brought together seminary professors to discuss the denomination’s current impasse on homosexuality.
March 13, 2017
- United Methodists among thousands in D.C. marching against resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Humberto Barralaga, detained for more than a month by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, has been released on $8,000 bond.