May 2, 2013
- “We need to work…towards an immigration reform…we should make a difference.” Young person reflects on her role in the immigration debate.
- Gathering will be more like a retreat to exchange ideas, say bishops. Still, some longtime church observers say the meeting should be open.
- After U.S. Senate fails to pass gun safety bills, Bishop Felton May writes “keep working for gun safety—gun sanity—laws that will save lives.”
May 1, 2013
- After her son’s tragic death, the Rev. Cheryl Magrini made it her mission to fight the stigma and raise awareness of mental illness.
April 29, 2013
- Leaders across the denomination ponder that question even as they try to increase the number of highly vital churches.
April 27, 2013
- A Texas Conference proposal to encourage people over 45 not to seek ordination is igniting debate.
April 24, 2013
- The top executive of Common Cause, longtime advocate for the poor, and United Methodist pastor died today at 69.
- A tribute to a “tireless champion for vulnerable people” who will be sorely missed.
- “I had some learning challenges in my early years … the church was where I found sanctuary, peace and encouragement.”
April 23, 2013
- Following Texas explosion, pastor says community will not be defined by death and destruction, but by how “we show the love of God to each other.”