March 1, 2017
- The 500th anniversary of the Reformation is this year. In their fight over Holy Communion, early reformers offer a lesson in how not to handle disagreement.
February 28, 2017
- Ndume Olatushani is one of the artists whose work is included in Stations of the Cross opening in Washington during Lent.
February 27, 2017
- Chicago native Felton E. May combined evangelical fervor with commitment to social justice, and brought episcopal ministry to the city streets.
- United Methodist Bishop Rodolfo Juan calls for “the cessation of ongoing offensives on both sides” during a Feb. 24 press conference.
- United Methodists in Kalima couldn’t get to their new church in the rainy season. So they built a road.
February 24, 2017
- On a local level, and through ecumenical groups like Mediterranean Hope, Methodists are helping Italy cope with an influx of people arriving by sea.
- United Methodists among those supporting bipartisan legislation to protect young people brought into U.S. illegally as children
February 21, 2017
- Adults rescued as children are now caring for orphaned and abandoned children at a United Methodist center in Sierra Leone.
February 20, 2017
- The United Methodist pension agency is planning for a low-carbon economy. For investors, the agency says, the move makes good financial sense.
February 16, 2017
- Trump’s executive order on immigration brings back memories for Japanese Americans, who this weekend mark the anniversary of a similar moment in history from the last century.