April 2, 2013
- In a short 20 years, the United Methodist related university has grown to a world-changing institute with more than 4,000 graduates.
March 28, 2013
- “A woman is dependent on how society defines her,” says Nigerian pastor. “So as I was growing up, I didn’t know who I was as a woman.”
- In the Bible, she is among the first to bear witness to Christ’s resurrection. But she still has a reputation as the Gospels’ bad girl.
- Zimbabwean United Methodists lead way in caring for HIV/AIDS patients and talking about what has been taboo to discuss.
March 26, 2013
- Her journey has taken Nashville pastor from the concert stage to the pulpit … with occasional trips back to the stage.
March 23, 2013
- Worship in St. Martin today is far different from that Sunday in 2010 when Haitian Methodists stood among rubble. Fifth in a series.
March 22, 2013
- “It’s important for young women to know how much the women before them have done for the world,” says jazz trumpeter and church musician.
- “It is critical,” says Scarritt-Bennett Center director, “that our history is highlighted…so we can envision a bright future… .”
March 21, 2013
- “Women’s History Month is not only about history,” says local pastor. “It is also about me and my identity and how I claim my identity.”
- United Methodist groups find way to help Haitian staff of Methodist Guest House construct homes lost in 2010 earthquake. Fourth in a series.