February 2, 2017
- For Methodists in Cuba, praising God is about being supported by a community, not just about individual faith.
February 1, 2017
- Methodist e-Academy partnership with GlobeTheoLibrary makes Methodist and Wesleyan resources available to scholars around the world.
- Commission on Religion and Race features young United Methodists and stresses church’s need to embrace diversity.
- The denomination in 2016 saw the highest total payout rate to general church funds on record. Giving is robust even as some worry about the church's future.
January 31, 2017
- An 1881 church — the home of a secret synagogue during the Nazi occupation of Norway — has been named a United Methodist historic site for the congregation’s work with indigenous and marginalized people.
- Decades after Castro’s revolution, the church has combined Wesleyan and Pentecostal elements to form its own identity.
- In a former private home across the street from Marianao Methodist Church, 15 older Cubans find assistance and companionship at a facility run by the Methodist Church in Cuba.
January 30, 2017
- Surrounded by Caribbean colors and timeless street scenes, the Methodist Church is growing in Cuba. Experience lively worship and glimpses of Cuban life through exclusive photo presentation.
- President Donald Trump’s executive order to ban refugees from seven Muslim countries countered by voices of faith leaders.
January 27, 2017
- The Commission on a Way Forward formed six working groups that will look at various topics including the experiences of both LGBTQ individuals and different denominations.