December 6, 2013
- “This is a black day for Glasgow.” These were the words of Alex Salmond, Scotland’s first minister, last Saturday. This caught the mood as a city woke up to the news that the previous evening a police helicopter had fallen out of the sky, crashing onto a busy city centre pub.
- The Evangelical Alliance, which has a history of supporting the anti-apartheid movement, has paid tribute to Nelson Mandela who passed away last evening.
- The Department of Justice has announced a consultation with a view to changing the law on abortion, inevitably leading to more terminations.
- Nelson Mandela: Alliance pays tribute to a man of unity Nelson Mandela was an example to the world – and the Church – of the equality, dignity and unity of all people.
December 5, 2013
- Response to epic series The Bible
December 4, 2013
- The church-based fostering and adoption campaign, Home for Good, has welcomed the government’s move to extend the age at which children can remain in foster care.
December 2, 2013
- A summary of some recent research reports on loneliness in the UK
- Christians from across the UK gathered at Southwark Cathedral on Saturday 30 November to celebrate The Ascension Trust's twentieth anniversary, along with the tenth anniversary of Street Pastors, one of their best known initiatives.
- Looking at the pros and cons of single-sex and co-educational schools.
- A call for people to donate blood over Christmas by fleshandblood