March 23, 2017
- This month saw for the first time the release of documents showing attempts by the UK government to respond to the arson campaign of Meibion Glyndwr. The group targeted holiday homes in Wales from 1979 to the early-1990s.
- A key player in the campaign for this Act was the evangelical Christian MP William Wilberforce. On the 210th anniversary of his Slave Trade Act, it is worth reflecting on Wilberforce’s successful example and his lessons for Christians in politics today.
- Negotiations continue in Northern Ireland following the election on 2 March. This call to the ballot box took place only 10 months after the last election and was centred on a scandal around the Renewable Heating Incentive scheme and questions regarding the involvement of the First Minister.
March 22, 2017
- Please join us in praying for all those involved in the incident in Westminster this afternoon.
- An Alliance member hosted the largest Christian gathering to discuss animal issues since the nineteenth century this weekend.
March 21, 2017
- In his new debut book, One: Unity in Diversity – a personal journey, Steve Clifford, general director of the Evangelical Alliance UK, explores the challenges of unity as outworked both in his day-to-day marriage and home life, and the local, national and global Church.
- We are praying for the family following the news of Martin McGuinness’ death.
- Information about the programme for the 2017 CEO Forum
March 17, 2017
- Friday Night Theology challenges us to see ourselves as we truly are...
March 16, 2017
- Our member of the month this month is Kingdom Bank, a Christian bank using savings to build God’s Kingdom