November 22, 2013
- Last week saw the first Faith in the Community meetings take place with local authorities in Scotland, bringing together representatives of churches and local authorities.
November 21, 2013
- This week Baroness Warsi became the first senior British politician to draw attention to the plight of Christians in the Middle East.
- An overview of the Gambling (licensing and advertising) Bill, currently being considered by parliament. This will bring in a new regime to govern online gambling websites.
- Many are concerned that the new injunction to tackle anti-social behaviour could restrict freedom of speech, with street preaching and sermons in churches qualifying as "annoying" or a "nuisance".
- Lowering the age of consent risks further sexualisation of young people at a time when they are still developing physically and emotionally, argues David Smyth. As Christians we must focus on relationships and on helping young people set wise and healthy sexual boundaries for their body, mind and soul.
November 20, 2013
- The Bishop of Rochester, the Rt Rev James Langstaff, is to be the next bishop to Her Majesty’s Prisons, the senior church advocate for Christian values in the criminal justice system in England and Wales.
- Please watch this short video about threads...
- romance academy opposed to lowering of age consent
- Landmark meeting in Cardiff will break a religious taboo
November 18, 2013
- A selection of Christmas facts and figures and some quotes from newspapers and survey reports.