October 14, 2013
- List of forthcoming events for the CEO and Chairs of Trustees forums
October 11, 2013
- ‘My daughter used to go to church, but she doesn’t anymore. I think turning away from faith was a slow process for her…
- “One child, one teacher, one pen and one book can change the world.” It’s a simple enough assertion. Who’d have thought a teenager advocating for the right of girls to be educated would pose such a threat to men with guns?
- Today (11 October), the UN’s International Day of the Girl, is a great time to celebrate girls’ achievements, giftings and potential, but it’s also a challenge – a challenge to reflect on what it’s like to be born a woman in the very varied countries around the globe.
October 10, 2013
- The government's response to the latest review of gambling machine stakes and prizes recommends increases across many of the categories and no reduction to those machines considered most addictive.
- Lucy teaches....
October 9, 2013
- Jamaican born Bishop Eric Brown was installed as the first pentecostal president of Churches Together in England (CTE) on Monday 7 October at the annual national church leaders meeting, held at Lambeth Palace.
- Church campaign promotes justice for Bangladeshi workers. Around 25 church representatives and ministers gathered in London at the launch of the campaign which aims not only to raise awareness, but also to put pressure on governments and manufacturers in the countries where garments are sold to take action towards improving standards.
- Peter Shilton is to support the Salvation Army's five-a-side football
October 8, 2013
- Couples from across the UK will reaffirm their marriage vows on 8 February, as part of the BIG Promise 2014 – a record-breaking celebration of love and commitment.