November 14, 2013
- The inmate of the South Dakota State Penitentiary says in a new video that he is “probably freer inside the walls than I ever was outside.”
- As one of 14 churches in Sioux Center, Iowa, Bethel Christian Reformed Church wanted to communicate what makes Bethel’s mission special. To do this, they recently began using new branded communication materials and they were rewarded for making this change. “We needed to develop a unique image that would help us stand out,” explains the church’s media specialist Renee Wielenga.
November 13, 2013
- World Renew continues to respond to a massive typhoon that slammed into the central Philippines late last week, setting off landslides, destroying homes, knocking out infrastructure, and leaving millions of people in need.
- I was recently in Bellevue, Wash. to attend an all-day meeting convened by the Christian Reformed Church’s Strategic Planning and Adaptive Change Team (SPACT). In the morning, SPACT met with members of Seattle-area churches, going over the specifics of a report SPACT has done detailing challenges and opportunities facing the CRC. In the afternoon, SPACT met with church planters. As I listened in, I got intrigued, wondering what does it take to start a new church in a place like Seattle, which...
- Rev. Randy Rowland wasn’t sure what to think when he got the invitation to attend a meeting to discuss a new report detailing challenges facing the Christian Reformed Church.
November 12, 2013
- Joel Hogan worked as a Christian Reformed World Missions missionary for seven years in Tacloban, a city of about 200,000 people on Leyte island, which was in the eye of Typhoon Haiyan that hit the Philippines last Friday.
- Rev. Eugene S. Callender, who was the first black pastor in the Christian Reformed Church, died Nov. 2 in Manhattan. He was 87.
- Bob Pasley said he wasn’t sure what to think of a recent, 33-page report detailing trends and challenges facing the Christian Reformed Church in North America.
November 8, 2013
- A massive typhoon slammed into the central Philippines on Friday, setting off landslides, destroying homes, knocking out infrastructure, and leaving millions of people in need.
November 6, 2013
- Rev. Bomsu Kim was pleased that Christian Reformed Church leaders came to Seattle, Wash. last weekend to share a report detailing social and cultural changes confronting the denomination.