October 15, 2013
- Originally, organizers of a regional prayer summit, set for Nov. 8-9 in Byron Center, Mich., did not plan for a sculpture of flames being a part of their event.
October 14, 2013
- The 27th edition of Calvin College’s award-winning January Series features a lineup of nationally acclaimed speakers, including Bill Rasmussen, founder of ESPN, and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Isabel Wilkerson.
- The Board of Trustees of the Christian Reformed Church decided recently to set aside a 90-minute time slot during its February meeting to hear a presentation from the CRC’s Doctrine of Discovery Task Force.
October 11, 2013
- Redeemer University College professor Robert Joustra has been invited to speak at the Office of Religious Freedom's Inaugural Religious Freedom Seminar in Ottawa.
- Two thousand more Syrian families will receive much-needed assistance thanks to a $1 million grant from the Canadian government.
October 9, 2013
- Calvin Theological Seminary will be hosting a daylong interfaith gathering on October 15 that presents a look at the historical realities in the relationship between religious argument and religious fairness.
October 8, 2013
- In January, the American Taxpayer Relief Act was signed into law and included an IRA charitable rollover extension.
- Anna Greidanus this summer found her passion for art and teaching intersect with an atypical locale: a remote village in northern Thailand.
- While in his civics class at Hamilton District Christian School, sixteen-year-old Braden VanDyk received an assignment to run a fundraiser for a world issue.
October 7, 2013
- The 50 families who lived in Toga’s village in Indonesia seemed to be stuck in silence, returning home every evening and hoping just to get enough rest before returning to work in the rice fields the next morning.