February 15, 2017
- Several Christian Reformed Church pastors and elders from New York and Vermont have been gathering for the past year or so, with the help of a Sustaining Pastoral Excellence grant, to pray, eat together, and tell the stories of their churches.
February 8, 2017
- At its recent meeting, the board of Back to God Ministries International (BTGMI) approved a motion to sell the Palos Heights, Ill., facilities and move its ministry headquarters into the Christian Reformed Church in North America’s Grand Rapids, Mich., offices.
- Serving in the war-torn country of South Sudan, Rev. Nancy Smith-Mather sees firsthand the suffering and pain that people in that country are experiencing.
- Last Sunday, David Dickerson told his story of being behind bars for more than 20 years and getting very little mail and only one visitor for much of that time.
- Rev. Ron Klimp said he has several strong memories that he will take with him when he retires in a few weeks after serving for seven years as the director of Chaplaincy and Care Ministry for the Christian Reformed Church.
- Launched last year as a successful pilot project, the Christian Reformed Church’s Digital Library will now be available on an ongoing basis for CRC congregations and members.
February 1, 2017
- Theologian N.T. Wright was busy last week addressing three different audiences in Grand Rapids, Mich., on a range of topics, including the use of lots of water when doing a baptism and the full meaning of Christ’s death on the cross.
- An art historian is not usually someone who rejects images. However, in a lecture delivered to a packed room at Redeemer University College in Ancaster, Ont., on Jan. 25, Matthew Milliner, a professor of art history at Wheaton College, did just that.
- Revelation was at the center of all five of the Calvin Symposium worship services in 2017, and the overall conference theme was: "The faithful witness: being Christ's church in an apocalyptic world."
- As a way to respond to all of the political and social turmoil going on in North America and abroad, Charles Kim and others have organized the Christian Reformed Church’s Prayer Summit 2017 to be held March 25-27 in Los Angeles, Calif.