January 18, 2017
- Melody Van Arragon, worship director of First Christian Reformed Church of Detroit, Mich., is hoping leaders involved in all aspects of ministry in their CRC congregations will consider taking part in this summer’s Inspire 2017. Registration for the event is now open.
- A small group of Bhutanese refugees now living in Sioux Falls, S.D., meet for worship in the chapel at First CRC, Sioux Falls.
January 11, 2017
- Skin to skin, with her baby, Eloise Blaire, resting against her chest in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, Mich., Angie Kuiper reveled in the joy and sanctity of life.
- Lyndon and Carletta Lundy’s marriage went through several near burnout periods—arguments, infidelity, separation, reconciliation, and standstill.
- Teaching girls to code for computing and helping to prepare them for careers as engineers will help to break down the gender gap in the world of technology, said Reshma Saujani.
- As far back as the time of Christ, specific groups of people have dominated the world, fighting for land and influence and in the process persecuting and killing those who got in their way, said Mark Charles, a writer and speaker on issues of race, culture, and faith, at the 2017 January Series.
- Larry Molnar is hoping people will be able to look into the night sky within the next several years and see with their naked eye the creation of a new star.
January 4, 2017
- Johnny describes his first meeting with Christian Reformed World Missions Gil Suh as a divine encounter.
- Just getting off the ground, the new Connections Project will be helping members of 12 classes in southern California, southern Ontario, and the U.S. Midwest over the next two and a half years to connect churches with resources to help them in any area of ministry. Plans aim for using what is learned to help connect churches across the CRC with ministry resources.
- Do you know a young adult between 18 and 26 who has the gifts to serve at Synod 2017 as a Young Adult Representative?