March 18, 2017
- NEWS 1) Mission and Ministry Board approves new areas of global mission 2) CCT issues call to prayer for Congress in upcoming decisions affecting those in poverty 3) Christian Churches Together holds forum on ‘the persecuted church’ 4) Haiti Medical Project has a new focus on pure water for Haiti UPCOMING EVENTS 5) Jubilee afternoon will be a breath of rejuvenation for Annual Conference 6) National Youth Conference 2018 theme is announced FEATURE 7) Please help them: Reflection of a Latino...
March 17, 2017
- For the past 18 months, the Church of the Brethren has been addressing the need for pure drinking water in our related communities in Haiti through the work of the Haiti Medical Project in cooperation with l’Eglise des Freres Haitiens (Church of the Brethren in Haiti). The mobile medical clinics offered since late 2011 treat many children and adults suffering from dysentery and other serious infectious diseases that often result from untreated water.
February 11, 2017
- Sixteen members of Chiques Church of the Brethren spent a week in Haiti in January. Their primary goal was to work on upgrades to the Brethren guesthouse in Croix des Bouquets. The group served with l’Eglise des Freres Haitiens (Church of the Brethren in Haiti).
January 20, 2017
- Brethren Disaster Ministries has directed a grant of $50,000 from the Church of the Brethren’s Emergency Disaster Fund (EDF) to support the next phase of response to devastation in Haiti caused by Hurricane Matthew. The storm hit the island on Oct. 4, 2016, as a powerful category 4 hurricane, causing widespread damage and considerable losses, and up to 1,600 deaths.
January 14, 2017
- In this issue: Remembering Wayne Geisert, Elsie Hall, Ann Burger, and Marylee Lang, plus personnel announcements and job openings, ordinations in Haiti--including the first woman ordained in Eglise des Freres d’Haiti, plans for Roundtable, and more.