April 21, 2017
- Brethren Disaster Ministries and the Global Food Initiative recently worked together to send representatives from Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria), representatives from South Sudan, and a Church of the Brethren representative from the United States to Kenya to receive training in a program called Farming God’s Way with an organization called Care of Creation, Kenya.
April 14, 2017
- 1) Action Alert for the third anniversary of the Chibok kidnappings 2) Global Mission and Service executive visits Chibok during recent trip to Nigeria 3) Church of the Brethren gives grants to rebuild Nigerian churches 4) Remembering Chibok at Mt. Vernon Nazarene University 5) Carrying the cross without fear: How the Coptic Church in Egypt deals with the constant threat 6) Love feast at Princeton
- The Church of the Brethren has granted $100,000 to Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria) to support the church rebuilding efforts of EYN members. The grants will be given to 20 churches at $5,000 a piece.
- I went to Chibok last week. The security is extremely tight, and there is little space to do much, but I felt compelled to go along with three brothers from Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria): Marcus Gamache, Dr. Yusuf Yokubo, and the district secretary of Chibok. It was partially for my own understanding, partially to encourage EYN, and more specifically, the local Brethren families who continue to live and farm in Chibok.
April 8, 2017
- I was privileged to travel to visit a Christian and Muslim refugee camp in Cameroon. The president of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria) Joel S. Billi, the general secretary, administrative secretary, EYN spiritual adviser, and and six others including myself traveled to Minawawuoa in Maruoa Province, Cameroon, to visit a refugee camp on March 11.
- The largest church denomination in northeastern Nigeria convened its annual conference at its Headquarters in Kwarhi, the first to be held there since the two years since the Boko Haram insurgency overran the area.
March 25, 2017
- NEWS 1) Large sum released from Emergency Disaster Fund continues Nigeria Crisis Response PERSONNEL 2) Michigan District executive Nate Polzin resigns 3) Program assistants resign from Brethren Disaster Ministries 4) Shamek Cardona hired as Church of the Brethren manager of Human Resources UPCOMING EVENTS 5) Closing service to be held for upper campus of Brethren Service Center 6) Continuing education events for ministers address Leviticus, elder care challenges 7) Ventures courses are...
March 24, 2017
- The Church of the Brethren Mission and Ministry Board has approved the release of $500,000 from the Emergency Disaster Fund to support Nigeria Crisis Response programing. The Nigeria Crisis Response is a joint effort of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria with the Church of the Brethren's Global Mission and Service and Brethren Disaster Ministries.
- News from local congregations, jobs, remembrance: Dora Belle Showalter, Venezuela baptisms, Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) volunteers in Missouri, book donations needed, Gaza live stream, Nigeria workcamp reflections, Hillcrest School anniversary, Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation training, "Explore Your Call" for high school students., Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies banquet, Global Women’s Project steering committee meeting, Christian Peacemaker Teams, IMA health...
March 18, 2017
- Job openings, personnel, new dates for Nigeria workcamp, next webinars on “Mental Health” and “What Have the Children Done for Us?” new Brethren Disaster Ministries video, remembrance and celebration weekend at Brethren Service Center, annual assembly of the Brazilian Brethren, Office of Public Witness blogpost on indigenous opposition to pipeline, and more news by, for, and about Brethren