January 28, 2017
- The Conference Office has released the ballot that will be presented to the 2017 Annual Conference of the Church of the Brethren this summer.
- “TOGETHER is a global initiative that promotes respect, safety and dignity for everyone forced to flee their homes in search of a better life.”
- Deborah Brehm resigns as manager of human resources
- Children's Disaster Services (CDS) is offering a series of workshops for volunteer training.
- National Junior High Conference 2017 will invite youth and their advisors to consider Jonah’s story through the theme “Called for a Greater Cause: Jonah’s Journey.” The conference will be held June 9-11 on the campus of Elizabethtown (Pa.) College.
- Personnel news, jobs, Heifer Ranch workcamp added, CDS update, BLM land sale news, EYN prayer request, updates from congregations and more
- Church World Service has issued a release outlining the consequences of the executive order on immigration and asking for help to protect immigrants and asylum seekers. CWS also outlines how President Trump’s executive order on refugees will affect the staffing and financing of Church World Service, as well as the lives of individual refugees.
January 27, 2017
- General secretary David Steele on behalf of the Church of the Brethren has signed a letter to President Trump and members of Congress expressing support for refugee resettlement. The letter, which has now been signed by more than 2,000 religious leaders from across the country--and is still open to receiving more signatures--is an initiative of the Interfaith Immigration Coalition.
January 26, 2017
- “We are the church, we’ll continue to be the church, and we will welcome refugees in need from all religious backgrounds. This is in keeping with our Christian faith,” said Jay Wittmeyer, executive director of Global Mission and Service, when contacted by the Huffington Post about the Church of the Brethren position on refugees.
January 20, 2017
- Remembering Terry L. Shumaker, job openings, Church of the Brethren General Offices hosts MLK Day food drive, BVS gets recognition as a service program that “changes the world,” Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, dates for this year’s Meat Canning Project, new peacemaking infographic website from Elizabethtown College, lots of news from congregations, and more.