February 24, 2017
- With this light that shines in our hearts we will also offer a witness through our observance of Lent and through our lives. As we know and experience God’s grace, others will see His offering of forgiveness. They will see the power of grace to transform life and bring healing and restoration. They will find salvation in Christ as the grace of God works in and through us to show all His redeeming love.
February 23, 2017
- This period is one of constant contrition before the mystery of God that daily unfolds before us, the mystery of our salvation. This is why the opportunity granted to us with the Sacred Fast has a special characteristic: the renewal and vigilance of the soul that is called for during this time filled with divine exhortation and sanctity to become aware of the ephemeral and material, while gradually being transferred to the eternal and spiritual.
February 20, 2017
- he 41st Folk Dance and Choral Festival (FDF 2017) a four day celebration of Faith, Dance and Fellowship of the Metropolis of San Fransisco, culminated yesterday Feb. 19, 2017 with the Archieratical Divine Liturgy in the morning, the Finals of the Advance Senior Division and the Awards Ceremony, all taking place at Town and Country Resort Hotel here in San Diego.
February 18, 2017
- His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios, Geron of America arrived in San Diego Thursday Feb. 16, for the 2017 Folk Dance and Choral Festival of the Metropolis of San Francisco, a four day celebration of Faith, Dance and Fellowship taking place this year at Town and Country Resort Hotel here in San Diego.
February 13, 2017
- he sights and sounds of the 41st Annual Folk Dance and Choral Festival (FDF) will fill the Town and Country Resort in San Diego from February 16 – 19, 2017. His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios, Geron of America will once again join this celebration of faith and culture. This exceptional ministry of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco, under the leadership of His Eminence Metropolitan Gerasimos of San Francisco, will bring together over 3,000 people in celebration of Faith, Dance and...
February 7, 2017
- The Department of Inter-Orthodox, Ecumenical and Interfaith Relations of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America is inviting graduate and recent post-graduate students to apply for its fellowships at the United Nations.
February 6, 2017
- PARATHOSI 2017, the annual celebration of Hellenic Heritage & Dance of the Direct Archdiocesan District of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, now in its fifth year, is expected to host about 30 dance groups, Sat. Feb. 11, 2017 at Lefrak Concert Hall at Queens College.
February 4, 2017
- As Greek Orthodox Christians and as Americans, we express our sadness and pain for our brothers and sisters all over the world who find themselves in tragic circumstances of hostility, violence and war, where families have been torn apart, displaced and where people are denied basic human rights.
February 3, 2017
- The Center for Family Care, hosted Jan. 26-27, at the Cathedral of St. Nicholas in Tarpon Springs, 38 participants, from throughout the Archdiocese for a meeting to develop the focus of its Clergy-Couple Care ministry.