February 3, 2017
- On our annual celebration of the Feast of Saint Photios the Great, Patriarch of Constantinople, and our recognition of the witness and ministry of the Saint Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine in St. Augustine, Florida, we are blessed this year to observe the 35th anniversary of the dedication of the Shrine. The dedication in February of 1982 followed years of work and offerings of many Greek Orthodox faithful led by His Eminence Archbishop Iakovos.
- MEDIA ADVISORY Contact: PRESS OFFICE Stavros Papagermanos firstname.lastname@example.org
January 26, 2017
- Today, their examples and teaching guide us in living in a changing and challenging world. They show us how faith and service, grounded in our knowledge of God and our trust in His divine wisdom, can help us navigate our lives and the complexity of the world around us while keeping our focus on our relationship with God and His promises of abundant blessings and salvation.
January 25, 2017
- The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, through its National Department of Greek Education and the Direct Archdiocesan District Office of Education, organizes a series of events in celebration of the Feast of the Three Hierarchs and the Day of Greek Letters.
January 24, 2017
- Twenty-two youth and camp workers from across the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America gathered, yesterday Mon., Jan. 23, 2017, to begin three days of intensive youth protection and abuse prevention certification.
January 20, 2017
- His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America invited by the Presidential Inauguration Committee and representing the Greek Orthodox Church in America, attended early this morning the special Inauguration Day Prayer Service at St John’s Episcopal Church in Washington’s Lafayette Square. President Donald J. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, together with their families and a select group of guests were in attendance.
- Archbishop Demetrios of America bestowed yesterday evening during a Greek-American inaugural reception, the Medal of Saint Paul, the highest honor of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, to Reince Priebus, the new Chief of Staff of the White House, to Congressman Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) and to George Gigicos, Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Advance. All three are Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, of the Order of St Andrew the Apostle.
January 18, 2017
- His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America has been invited and will attend the 58th Presidential Inauguration, Friday January 20th, 2017, in the Nation’s Capital.
January 13, 2017
- The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America mourns the passing of Fr. Demetrios J. Constantelos, one of the most respected Orthodox theologians and scholars of Greek culture, who fell asleep in the Lord Jan. 10, after a short illness. He was 89.