February 3, 2017
- The Azerbaijan National Museum of History celebrated women's education, recognizing the contributions of Baha'i heroine Tahirih.
January 29, 2017
- HAIFA, Israel — Fred Schechter, former Counsellor member of the International Teaching Centre, passed away on 27 January 2017 in California, U.S.A. He was 89 years old. The Universal House of Justice sent the following message to all National Spiritual Assemblies on 29 January.
* * *We feel great sorrow as we mourn the passing of humble,...
- The House of Justice released a message to all National Assemblies on the passing of former International Teaching Centre member Fred Schechter.
January 18, 2017
- HAIFA — A new volume of Baha'i sacred texts, Days of Remembrance: Selections from the Writings of Baha'u'llah for Baha'i Holy Days, is being released today, making available to the world a selection of newly translated Writings of Baha'u'llah. Days of Remembrance offers forty-five selections revealed specifically for, or relating to, the nine holy days annually commemorated...
- Days of Remembrance makes available to the world forty-five selections revealed for the nine Baha’i holy days.
January 11, 2017
- NEW YORK — The Baha'i International Community has learned about the killing of a Baha'i in Iran, under suspicious circumstances. A report received on 9 January indicated that Ahmad Fanaian was found dead, having sustained severe burns to his body. Mr. Fanaian was an elderly and respected man from Semnan Province. This killing comes at a time of ongoing, systematic oppression of Baha’is...
- A report received by the Baha'i International Community indicated that Ahmad Fanaian was found dead, having sustained severe burns to his body.
January 6, 2017
- MALAWI — A movie about a brother and sister in a rural village in the heart of Africa is demonstrating the power of film to contribute to constructive social change and stimulate meaningful conversations. Mercy's Blessing, written and directed by May Taherzadeh, is a moving and profound exploration of the connection between love and sacrifice...
- The award-winning film Mercy's Blessing is a moving and profound exploration of the connection between love and sacrifice.