June 30, 2016
Taiwan Church News
June 20 -26, 2016
PCT Leaders Wary About The Homogeneity Of Taiwan Churches
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
On June 19, a seminar named "Christian Faith And Social Survey In Taiwan" was hosted by Chi-nan Presbyterian Church of Chi-sin presbytery and co-operated with Research and Development Center of PCT's General Assembly Office. Two famous PCT...
- J. Herbert Nelson was overwhelmingly elected stated clerk of the Presbyterian Church (USA), becoming the first black man selected as the top ecclesial officer of the United States’ largest Reformed body, a largely white denomination. Transforming the future... Read More
June 29, 2016
- An overview of the first day of the 2016 Annual Conference held in Greensboro, N.C.
- Bishop Alexander with the Bulgarian Diocese’s priests and deacons at the Divine Liturgy on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
His Grace, Bishop Alexander chaired the 53rd annual Diocesan Conference of the Orthodox Church in America’s Bulgarian Diocese at Saint Nicholas Church here June 25-26, 2016.
Two days earlier, on June 23, a Diocesan Clergy Convocation opened with the celebration of Vespers...
- Two openly gay pastors from the Western Jurisdiction and a third from the North Central Jurisdiction have been nominated for election as United Methodist bishops.
[Episcopal News Service] The Rt. Rev. Edward L. Salmon Jr., 13th bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina, died June 29 in St. Louis, Missouri, at age 82.
A memorial Eucharist for Bishop Salmon will be held July 2 at 11:00 a.m. at Grace Church Cathedral in Charleston, South Carolina. The Rev. Dow Sanderson will preach.
The Church of St....
- Adventist leader highlights biblical perspectives while talking about human sexuality.
Thousands of West Virginians are facing a prolonged cleanup effort following deadly and devastating storms that swamped much of the state last week, and the UCC will be there to help long-term.
- Thomas Kemper, top executive, United Methodist Board of Global Ministries, escapes injury, calls for unified response to terror.