April 19, 2014
With these words we welcome the Easter dawn and the celebration of Christ’s victory over sin and death.
But we must also back up a couple of days to Good Friday to understand what a game-changer the resurrection is. In the crucifixion of Jesus, all the power of evil is thrust upon the Innocent One who stands condemned. Hate rears its monstrous head demanding the death of Jesus. Violence is unleashed and drives the nails into his hands, spikes into his feet and eventually a sword...
April 18, 2014
- On this beautiful and glorious Feast of Feasts, our hearts and minds are filled with brilliant light and abundant joy in the presence of the Risen Christ. He is in our midst now and forever, in all His holiness and glory, having offered Himself as a pure sacrifice for our sins. He is before us and within us as the Victor over corruption and death, offering true and abundant life through His grace. Our Lord embraces us on this day of exaltation and praise as our Redeemer, guiding us in the...
- Come, brethren and children in the Lord, receive the light from the unwaning Light of the Phanar, the Holy Center of the Orthodox, and let us all together and jointly glorify “Christ, Who is risen from the dead.”
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith International condemns the rote approval of a basket of anti-Israel resolutions by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) executive board session which concluded on April 15. In total, six anti-Israel draft resolutions were presented, including one again recasting two foremost Jewish holy sites...
- Offering to fund innovative evangelism in Europe; other allocations will support Mission to the Cities, Adventist media expansion
- “Awake, my soul. Awake, my soul. You were made to meet your maker."
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Jennie Pollock looks at "It is finished" John 19:29-30
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Fred Drummond looks at "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." Luke 23:46
Taiwan Church News
March 31 - April 6, 2014
Church Ministry News
Aboriginal Youth Forum And Aboriginal Activist Groups Protest Against Cross-Strait Service Trade Agreement(CSSTA)
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
Against the March 24 news release, from the government's Council of Indigenous Peoples(CIP), warning Taiwan's aboriginal peoples...