November 8, 2013
- A diverse group of 30 people from across the life of the United Church of Christ came together at the denomination's headquarters in Cleveland to set the foundation for Extravagance UCC, a web-based congregation without geographic boundaries.
November 4, 2013
- A diverse group of people from across the life of the United Church of Christ is gathering at the denomination’s national headquarters this week, bringing expertise and ideas, dreams and prayers to help lay the foundation for Extravagance UCC, a new online spiritual community
October 25, 2013
- UCC President and General Minister the Rev. Geoffrey Black extended an extravagant welcome to jazz enthusiasts from across the country who came to Cleveland for Jazz for the Journey, a national symposium on jazz music in worship. Sixty-two people gathered at the UCC’s headquarters Thursday evening, Oct. 24, to kick off the three-day event.
October 18, 2013
- The Rev. Ivy Beckwith is joining the UCC's Local Church Ministries, headquartered in Cleveland, on Dec. 1.
October 15, 2013
- The national officers of the United Church of Christ began the process by which they will address a $2.3 million budget deficit in 2014 facing the denomination’s headquarters in Cleveland.
October 14, 2013
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 10/14/13)—American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) asks American Baptists to celebrate and pray for chaplains and pastoral counselors during Pastoral Care Week, October 20-26, 2013.
“When I think about the ministry of chaplains and pastoral counselors, I think about persons who are present with others,” says Dr. Aidsand F. Wright-Riggins III, ABHMS executive director and ecclesiastical endorsing agent. “I salute them for that. They are...
- It’s a journey in uncharted waters for the United Church of Christ’s new board of directors, which just wrapped up its first business session together at the denomination’s national headquarters in Cleveland.
October 12, 2013
- United Church of Christ Board members learned about the work of the various ministries of the church, approved the number of delegates for General Synod 2015 in Cleveland, and approved a policy encouraging UCC-related organizations to obtain tax-exempt status.
October 9, 2013
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 10/9/13)—American Baptist Women’s Ministries is addressing the topic of prison and aftercare ministries through its fourth virtual mission encounter for women in 2013, “For I Was in Prison and You Visited Me: Prison and Aftercare Ministries,” November 4-8, 2013. Virtual mission encounters can be done without leaving town and while still attending to family and work responsibilities. The virtual mission encounter includes emailed daily activities, a...
- UCC General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black invited the presidents of the six UCC-related historically Black colleges and universities to the Church House for a two-day meeting aimed at deepening the relationship between the schools and the denomination.