March 9, 2017
[World Council of Churches] The World Council of Churches March 9 expressed grave concern about a new law passed March 8 by the Knesset which reportedly forbids granting entry visas to foreign nationals who call for economic, cultural or academic boycotts of either Israel or the Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories. The ‘Entry to Israel Act (Denial of Visa to Non-Residents Who Knowingly Call for a Boycott on Israel)’ apparently...
February 28, 2017
February 27, 2017
- Council, However, Displays Continued Recklessness by Featuring Terrorist Apologist Jean Ziegler
B’nai B’rith International welcomes the assertion today by U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres, at the opening of the body’s new Human Rights Council session, that “we must speak up for human rights in an impartial way without double standards.” However, the Council—whose singling out of Israel for...
February 23, 2017
[Diocese of Jerusalem] Anglican Archbishop of Jerusalem Suheil Dawani on Feb. 21 re-dedicated St. Saviour’s Church in the northern Israel town of Acre.
February 21, 2017
- Nikki Haley Speaks Out Against Anti-Israel Bias at the World Body
B’nai B’rith International commends United States Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley for further calling attention to the widespread, ongoing anti-Israel bias that is endemic at the United Nations.
Following the U.N. Security Council’s monthly consultation on Middle East issues last week, Haley said: “The Security Council is supposed to...
February 15, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International welcomes today’s meeting between President Donald J. Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. During their White House joint press conference they addressed Iran’s recent ballistic missile test, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and global terrorism.
“With this visit, the United States, again, reaffirms our unbreakable bond with our cherished ally, Israel,” Trump said.
As U.S. President Donald Trump meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the United Church of Christ and 14 fellow Christian organizations are calling on the White House and all 535 members of Congress to support and adopt U.S. policies that promote peace, justice and equality between Israelis and Palestinians.
February 14, 2017
[Episcopal Public Policy Network policy alert] Since the beginning of the year Congress has introduced multiple bills seeking to move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. This would change over 50 years of U.S. foreign policy. Prior to his inauguration, President Trump said that one of the first things he would do is move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. Since his inauguration, he has said, “I am thinking about the embassy, I am studying the embassy [issue], and we will...
February 13, 2017
- An International Conference on Strategic Challenges in the Eastern Mediterranean; With Participants From the United States, Albania, Britain, Greece, Israel, Russia and TurkeyB’nai B...
February 6, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International President Gary P. Saltzman and CEO Daniel S. Mariaschin have issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith International is appalled that the New York State Education Department used an anti-Israel cartoon on a New York State Regents exam. The test was administered on Jan. 24. According to the New York Post, the cartoon depicts three Israeli soldiers, one with a Star of David on his...