May 22, 2013
- Two leaders from the United Church of Christ are venturing to the Middle East this week to offer any assistance they can to the millions of people affected by the Syrian Civil War.
May 21, 2013
- Native pollinators, like bees and butterflies, are being threatened by habitat loss, disease and pesticide use, but pollinator-friendly gardens help their populations grow.
- Just days before the Boy Scouts of America vote on a policy that would allow membership of LGBT youth but continue to exclude LGBT leaders, the BSA’s Connecticut Yankee Council publically announced its acceptance of all youth and adults, regardless of sexual orientation.
- With the eyes of the nation looking toward Oklahoma in the wake of a deadly and devastating tornado Monday night, the United Church of Christ is offering prayers and support, beginning to coordinate relief efforts in the affected areas of Oklahoma City and Moore, Okla.
May 20, 2013
- United Church of Christ congregations across the country came together as one church during the last 50 days, in major effort 4/1 Earth, caring for God’s creation in creative ways, making a massive commitment of time and resources to protect the planet.
- When the United Church of Christ was formed in 1957, it was done with the efforts of people like the Rev. Roger L. Shinn, who died this last week. He was 96
May 17, 2013
- Two economic activists from the United Church of Christ are trying to help tens of thousands of coal miners and their spouses who face the loss of their health benefits.
- United Church of Christ advocates are urging congregations to make their voices heard one last time before the Boy Scouts of America vote next week on whether to revise its discriminatory policy against LGBT members.
- United Church of Christ advocates expressed opposition to proposed cuts to the 2013 Farm Bill that would reduce funding for programs that provide food to underprivileged families at a rally in Washington, D.C., May 16.
May 16, 2013
- United Church of Christ General Minister and President the Rev. Geoffrey A. Black is traveling across China for two weeks with the Rev. Sharon E. Watkins, general minister and president of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).