December 4, 2013
- Agua Viva was launched about five years ago as a church plant to serve a large population of Spanish-speaking people who live and work in the DeMotte, Ind. area.
- Nearly 300 school children are among those who lost everything when Onion Creek flooded their Austin, TX, neighborhood at the end of October
- The Rev. Linda Jaramillo will travel to Washington, D.C., Dec. 5 to stand in solidarity with immigration activists who have been gathered in a tent on the National Mall since Nov. 12 to Fast for Families.
December 3, 2013
- Silver Spring, Maryland/USA, 04.12.2013 (ANN/APD) Seventh-day Adventist human rights advocates are urging church members worldwide to send encouragement in the form of Christmas cards to three members in prison on what church officials say are false charges. More than a ...
- [There is a video that cannot be displayed in this feed. Visit the blog entry to see the video.]
[Episcopal News Service – Pine Mountain, Kentucky] Being able to read well is a basic skill that not every young student masters. That lack of mastery can lead to a lifetime of low achievement – and poverty.
That is the basic premise of...
PDA working with partners to provide relief, plan for long-term recovery
December 3, 2013
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] The Episcopal Church offers untold opportunities for young adults to provide service and share their expertise worldwide through the Young Adult Service Corps. Commonly known as YASC, applications for 2014-15 are now being accepted for the Young Adult Service Corps from young adults between the ages of 21-30.
“YASC provides an opportunity for young...
Taiwan Church News
November 18 - November 24, 2013
Church Ministry News
Former President Lee: Husband And Wife Should Share and Unite Together To Face Hard Times
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
On November 16, commemorating the 13th annual day for marriage, former President Lee Teng-hui was invited to deliver speech and 10 couples were awarded as the ideal marriage models at Suang-lien...
- This year, World Renew and the Christian Reformed Church’s Office of Social Justice are providing a devotional series for Advent 2013 called "Strangers in the Land."
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 12/3/13)—Judson Press is pleased to announce the winners of the “Who in the Bible is Most Like Me and Why?” national essay contest. The contest garnered entrants from ages 13 through 18 whose essays were judged by Romal Tune, author of God’s Graffiti: Inspiring Stories for Teens and the American Baptist Home Mission Societies Board-of-Directors.
“This contest offered a unique opportunity for Judson Press to minister to youth through its...