May 21, 2013
[Episcopal Public Policy Network] Family unity has long been a driver of immigration and a cornerstone of our immigration system. Despite this prioritization of family, however, lengthy backlogs, inadequate country caps, and preference categories have meant that our immigration system often keeps families apart for decades.
Through pastoral care to members of our congregations and our ministry to resettle refugees, Episcopalians across the country bear daily witness to...
May 21, 2013
- Katie Day is the artistic director of theatre company The Other Way Works - alternative venues and audience interaction.
- What does a foster carer look like? We're encouraging everyone to 'get in the frame'.
- Taiwan Church News
May 13-19, 2013
Church Ministry News
Hakka church renovates its exterior to boost community outreach and community acclaim
Reported by Chen Wei-chien
Written by Lydia...
- A couple’s shared love of hockey spawned a ministry that helps kids develop in every aspect of their lives.
- Losing the national newspaper like ‘the death of a family member or friend,’ says one longtime reader and alum.
May 20, 2013
- "Fair Deal" seeks to maintain access to knowledge, economic opportunity, fundamental rights. The Canadian-based organization Open Media International (http://openmedia.org/) announced on May 16 that it is launching an international coalition called "Our Fair Deal (http://ourfairdeal.org/)," seeking to counter the potential restrictions on the Internet posed by an international agreement called the Trans-Pacific Partnership (http://www.ustr.gov/tpp) (TPP). The TPP is currently being...
- Brethren in the News for May 20, 2013