May 16, 2013
- Pornography: instantly accessible poison. Porn isn’t new to this generation, but its’ move from top shelf magazines to the phone in your pocket is. Instant access to porn presents everyone from governments, employers, parents, and churches with new challenges.
- The first bond of society is marriage. This basic relationship has remained a constant in our ever changing world. Yet today marriage is so revolutionary that our culture seeks to redefine it.
- Relationships are what life is all about. This is obvious but often overlooked. Through relationship we find our sense of identity, purpose, belonging and wellbeing. Good relationships improve health, happiness and life expectancy.
- Fort Wayne mayor Tom Henry recently spoke to an adult education class at Beacon Heights Church of the Brethren in Fort Wayne, Ind. The class, led by Nancy Eikenberry and Kyla Zehr, has been studying the book “America and Its Guns, a Theological Exposé” by James E. Atwood.
- Zakariya Musa, secretary of the "New Light" publication of Ekklesiyar Yan'uwa a Nigeria (EYN--the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria), provided the following interview with Church of the Brethren mission worker Carol Smith.
- In response to storms and the flooding that has plagued the state of Illinois this spring, the Church of the Brethren’s Material Resources program has begun shipping clean-up supplies on behalf of Church World Service (CWS), an ecumenical partner.
The Women in Ministry Advisory Team extends an invitation to join in a public affirmation of the gifts that women bring to ministry and for the vision of the full partnership of men and women in professional church leadership. The “Celebrating the Gifts of Women in Ministry” initiative seeks to highlight the support that already exists for women as leaders in our churches—but may not be widely known—in order to encourage others to join in this momentous movement.
This article originally appeared in the Ministry Report, an Anglican Journal supplement produced by the Resources for Mission department. To learn how your gifts support mission, read the full report online now.
It's children's story time at St. John's West Toronto and the Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada sits with the kids...
- David Cameron was under sustained pressure this week to strengthen his position on the European Union after MPs from his party broke ranks.
- The controversial Bill to redefine marriage will be debated again by MPs on the floor of the House of Commons on 20 and 21 May as they consider amendments to the proposals at report stage and Third Reading.