March 9, 2014
- According to a report by the Associated Press and numerous reports appearing in other news outlets, the group of nuns that had been abducted by Syrian rebels back in late November or December 2013, were freed today ...
ENS launches a four-part series on the ministry of cathedrals, featuring interviews with their deans. Further articles in the series will profile cathedrals in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; Los Angeles, United States; and Paris, France.[There is a video that cannot be displayed in this feed. Visit the blog entry to see the video.]
St. Paul’s, London
9 March 2014
The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori
Presiding Bishop and Primate
The Episcopal Church
On Shrove Tuesday this past week I visited the place where Jesus was baptized. It is now a Jordanian national archaeological park and once again a pilgrimage site. One of the fruits of the peace agreement between Jordan and Israel nearly 20 years...
- The Prime Minister of Samoa has expressed his gratitude to the country's Baha'i community for its long service to the development of Samoan society. The Honorable Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi made his remarks during celebrations marking the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Baha'i Faith in the Pacific island nation. "I...
Taiwan Church News
February 24 - March 2, 2014
Church Mnistry News
The Power Of Women Missionaries Move Taiwan Forward
Reported by Chen Yi-Shuan
Four years ago, when the oldest college student in Taiwan, Shen Jen-yi in his 84 years old, graduated from Chang Jung Christian University(CJCU), Shen's wife - Mrs. Zeng Jiao-chu - was also granted an award from the CJCU's...
March 8, 2014
- Rejoicing today in the triumph of Orthodoxy on this first Sunday of Lent, we joyfully commemorate three events: one event belonging to the past; one event to the present; and one event which still belongs to the future. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. Rejoicing today in the triumph of Orthodoxy on this first Sunday of Lent, we joyfully commemorate three events: one event belonging to the past; one event to the present; and one event which still belongs...
March 7, 2014
- Chaplains from five of the six Church of the Brethren-affiliated colleges and universities and Tracy Primozich, director of admissions for Bethany Theological Seminary, met Feb. 19 in Tacoma, Wash., following the National Association of College and University Chaplains (NACUC) annual conference.
[Episcopal News Service] The Rev. Terry Star will be buried out of his home church of St. James Episcopal Church in Cannon Ball, North Dakota, on March 10.
Meanwhile, the City of Delafield, Wisconsin, police department and the Waukesha County Medical Examiner have concluded that Star, a 40 year-old deacon in the Diocese of North Dakota and a member of the Episcopal Church’s Executive Council, died March 4...
- Beloved Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Gathering in our Churches as members of the undivided Body of Christ to celebrate the Sunday of Orthodoxy, we call to mind the holy men and women who defended holy icons, succeeded in restoring them, and pronounced the authentic faith and worship of the Church. Among these heroes of our faith, we commemorate the blessed emperors: Michael, Theodora, and Irene, the holy patriarchs and confessors: Germanos, Nikephoros, and Methodius, and the holy ascetics:...
Illinois church experiments with worshiping in ways familiar and new
March 7, 2014